Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dodge this...


The history is rich. Starting in Brooklyn in the 1890s the Dodgers had Babe Ruth (the Sultan of Swat), Jackie Robinson (a veritable Rosa Parks for baseball), Roy Campanella, Sandy Kofax, Don Drysdale, and so many other Hall of Famers in those "early" years. In the late 50s they moved to LA because the owner at the time wanted a certain stadium that wouldn't work for Brooklyn--in addition to the neighboorhood issues and decreasing ticket sales. Dodger stadium was completed in time for the 1962 season.

That's the same park I went to last night.

It's not very nice but it has rich history.

I went with a FOAF (friend of a friend--official sociological term) and we got the cheap seats ($4) and expensive garlic fries--dinner--and had a great time.

When I was in 7th grade we had to list our 15 year goal and one of mine was to play for the LA Dodgers. It was a coming home, of sorts, for me last night. I laughed, I cried, I cheered--and that was just to park. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

THINK BLUE

2 Comments:

Blogger eric yang said...

fun fact. Brooklyn used to be called Kings (as in Manhattan, Bronx and 'Queens').

just thought i'd throw that your way. no reason, just am. ;)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bradley,
thanks for posting such quality work on the interweb. Amy Holloway pointed me to your site & i've enjoyed the video bits immensely - esp. the geographical & historical factoids. entertaining & educational, indeed. i listed you as a link on my blog - the brilliance must be shared. AND the fact that you met WILL stinkin' FERRELL makes me want to pee in my pants with jealousy. (in fact i did - twice). well done.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home