Thursday, August 17, 2006

freeze...LAPD


Well, I wanted to share with you that I have booked as an extra on my first gig. I am going to be an LAPD officer (in uniform) filming on the new show Shark with James Woods. I'm really excited. You have to call in to the casting agency periodically during the day and they will post new spots. They might say, "Hey guys this is Devon and I'm looking for an African-American between the ages of 25 and 35 who can juggle for CSI:Miami. You will be filming on location in Long Beach. If you are this guy then please call...." or it might be something like I called back on, "...need Caucasian males 25-35 who are athletic looking for CSI:NY." I called and the spots were already taken but the lady looked up my picture and information and put me on for Shark. She said, "I don't have any other CSI spots but you can be my LAPD uniformed officer." I was like, "o.k."

So then I call another hotline after she books me. I have to call after 8:30p.m. for further instructions with a special code she gave me. I call and access a mailbox that tells all the people working as extras on Shark tomm downtown how to get where we are going and gave me coordinates off the Thomas Guide (comprehensive LA map I own). I am to bring an extra set of clothes, no whites or pastels. I need to be ready at 4:30 p.m. which means leave here at 3:00 to make sure with traffic and everything I'm good. Also since most shoots are 12 hours....yes....MOST shoots are 12 hours then I'll be working late into the night/morning. So on the East Coast I could be going to bed when you are getting up.

I don't care.

Put your hands up...LAPD.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome B!! You're going to be the Po-Po! Congrats!
Meg

9:55 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That is so exciting!! Congrats officer Hasemeyer!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

This is great news! Pls tell us when this show is going to air, so we can set the Tivo's! - g

7:07 AM  
Blogger eric yang said...

I work for CBS, you're working for a show on CBS - it's all quite overwhelming :p

That rocks man. When I got your text I didn't put it together that you were talking about the show itself. Ha. You've gotta get yourself a discreet pocket camera so you can do some more 'insider' shots for me.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home