Saturday, August 12, 2006

...do you remember...


Only in LA can you watch a movie on the lot where much of the movie was filmed. I went to Ollie Stone's new truth-umentary "World Trade Center". I was invited by my friend Meghan Nash to a free showing on Paramount's lot in the nicest movie theater I have ever been to in my life.

This movie was strong in every sense of the word. I think this movie meant so much to me because I remember sitting in my PR class that Tuesday morning walking past the next room knowing class had ended and thinking it strange that no one had left that room. As I gazed into the room with curiosity I saw all eyes glued to the T.V. There was a girl leaving the room crying and another on the phone frantically trying to get in touch with someone. As my class emptied it became even more clear something was wrong. We all crammed into the other classroom sitting on the floor, desk tops and leaning against the walls. No one talked. Some prayed. Some just sat and stared. I was somewhere in between. I will never forget that day and will never be the same.

Watching this movie is literally like walking back in time after creating distance from this tragedy over the past five years. There were CGI and 3D animation but I didn't even realize that till I saw the credits for that team at the end. Wow.

I don't cry in movies. I'll trust a character. I'll buy their problems, issues, concerns, conflicts, etc. and then move on. I don't even cry in life--much. Tonight I cried.

Go to this movie and remember.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad I could provide the venue for this. you cried??? I sure didn't. :)

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home