Sunday, August 13, 2006

side out



So if you were anything like me then today you would have driven 45 minutes, parked 5 blocks away from the beach, walked to the sand courts to meet you friends, play for 2.5 hours while the AVP Manhattan Beach tournament was going on a mere 200 yards east of us. We then left the courts and watched Walsh/May (Olympics, anyone) play in the finals in a packed stadium. That entree was served (no pun intended) with a side (out) of Mr. 40-ish himself, Karch Kiraly (cur-eye) moving on to the semi-finals tomm with his 26-year old partner Larry something.

I love beach volleyball. I really love playing and watching. It was a crazy-different crowd from anything back home but it's just one more reason that like McDonald's, duh duh duh da da....I'm loving it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie Miller said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging. We missed you there for a while. And your world trade entry definitely made me want to go see a movie that I didn't think I wanted to see.

7:38 AM  
Blogger eric yang said...

i am all about beach volleyball. there was time back in knoxville when i was playing (not well, mind you) every sunday. it was literally one of the factors why i wanted to move to cali. argh! i guess there's always the hamptons... oh wait, i don't have a helicopter.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home