Friday, September 08, 2006

a monk and me


Well things have been good lately. I have been working a bit. I had a four-day stint on the USA show, Monk, as a Production Assistant (PA). It was crazy and fun all at the same time. The crew I worked with is a great group and they work well together but we worked long hours and worked hard. Having never been on a set before I have been amazed at how long it really takes to get the 'right' shots and how little of a one-hour show happens within a 12-16 hour day at 5 days a week. The experience was great and I was complimented on how quickly I picked stuff up. I had a walkie with a headset and the whole thing.

The following is an excerpt from a normal call:
Person: Bradley
Me: Go for Bradley
Person: Switch to two
Me: Switching. (change radio channel to 2) Go
Person: I need you to.....

So it was great. I know I don't want to do that as a career and I'm glad too because the schedule really is crazy. I would have to be on set by about 6:30a.m. (awake at 5:00 leave at 5:30) then wrap at 8:30p.m. I'd stay till we cleaned up and finished at about 9:15p.m. then home at 9:45p.m. Then back the same thing the next day. Of course you could do what I did one day. I had a 10:30 a.m. call then got home at 3:30 a.m. So pretty much work is your life. Now, granted you'd work from August till the end of November and be done till March so that's kinda cool.

So being on set with Antonio Scarpaci, Adrian Monk, Tony Shaloub (whatever you want to call the recent Emmy award winner) was cool. He's a nice guy and has obviously bonded with the crew that is around him quite a bit. Also interesting is that he too is on set for most of that time. Long hours for actors too!

ALSO I think they can help me get my SAG vouchers which is HUGE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home