Friday, September 08, 2006

a groundling

The Groundlings in Los Angeles is a comedy improv group that has had many of Saturday Night Live's greatest alumni grace its doors. It's a great venue to see comedy shows and they have classes too. Often times during the shows and performances agents and studio execs will come so it's a great place to get some air time. A few days ago I auditioned to get into the school. We had some fun improv games and had one where you had to complete a story creating as much action as possible with your words and tone but the story would change as the instructor pointed to a different person in a 6-person group every few phrases. It was awesome! There were other things we did too during the hour audition.

I officially passed!

So now I have the opportunity to take the first class (Beginner basic) where I will be in a class with 16 others and meet for 3.5 hours two times per week for 12 sessions (6 weeks for those non-math majors). I am so very excited about this class. If I do well and pass this class then I'll move on to the next class and I think they have a performance with that one. So that'll be cool.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to be in the school and even more excited to get started in the classes.

You can check it out www.groundlings.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home