Thursday, October 12, 2006

...just one of those days


Well it's official. I am truly a Los Angelean. I wrecked my car the other day. It looks worse that it is but I rear-ended a car. There was a guy turning into a parking lot in his early 90s Accord. He decided to not use his turn signal and when I was behind him I glanced down to make sure the dominoes were back in their box (long story) and when I looked up I was on his bumper. I have never been in a wreck before and it's weird. I mean I was only going about 20 mph b/c the airbag didn't even go off but I can still feel the feeling of moving and then suddenly stopping. It's very strange. Luckily this will dramatically raise my insurance since in CA you have to have a clean record for 6 years to get the ''good driver'' discount.

I can drive during the day without too much problem. Today I had to stop and disconnect the left turn signal because it was hanging off my car like an eyeball with the Optic nerve attached. My lights work but at night they act more like a signal to landing airplanes due to their off-angled positioning. So I don't drive at night.

Anyway, I'm waiting on my insurance to get this whole thing taken care of but admittedly it's humbling for someone who loves cars to try to drive this thing around town.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

poor Victoria...that is a sad picture!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Angie Miller said...

SAD!!! That is not the most fun day or blog I have heard from you. Make sure to post a new pic of Victoria after her makeover.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any better, I have two tickets AND a wreck to go on my insurance record when I get out there. 6 years is looking like a really long time...

8:53 PM  
Blogger eric yang said...

sorry sir. that's painful to see...

i'm juggling two speeding vio's in the past month (i swear, I'm probably under warrent in the Commonwealth of Virginia) so I empathize with the pains of insurance.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bradley, that '91 Eclipse isn't looking too bad anymore is it? I think I saw it again in Sevierville...in the junk yard! Yikes. No worries, just more material for some stand-up com. love ya--mom/dad

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home