Wednesday, September 20, 2006

one of these things doesn't belong


Saturday A.M. I accompanied my friend Meghan Nash to the Beverly Hills Hotel (sounds shady but hang with me) to go to a Christians in the industry brunch. There were about 100 people there and it was by invite only. I have no real pull in any circles in LA (YET) but I know people who know people. I'm one level away. None-the-less it was a diverse and interesting meeting of Christians in the industry. The keynote was from American Idol--one of the producers--and had some great words to say. It was enlightening and revealing all at the same time.

So as it all wrapped up a few of us decided to pretend we were guests at the hotel and walk around. So we did. It is an unreal hotel. I kept thinking of all those times I'd heard, "guests of the _____ show stay at the luxurious Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills." It was truly all that.

Of course the auto clientele was uber-foreign: DB-9s (yes multiple), S550, Vanquish, Rolls Royce, VW Passat (ahem).

So when you come to LA to see me I'll try to get you up at THE hotel.

Cheers

ps: loved studio 60's premier and I'm excited about The Office tomm night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home