Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Random Wedding

Have you ever had the opportunity to crash a wedding? Well I highly recommend it. Now, lest you believe I have become a John Beckwith or Jeremy Grey I must let you know this was an 89% crash. That is to say I knew probably about 11% of the wedding party/guests. I received a phone call from a friend who said she had a "proposition" I couldn't turn down. I'm usually intrigued by this kind of statement because I love proving people wrong (side note: this was also the type of motivation my mother used to get me to clean my room: "I'll bet you can't do it in 8 minutes!").

Having heard the proposition in only it's beginning stages I quickly accepted. Here was the criteria:
1) Really fun date
2) 2 nights in a hotel
3) Full open bar (pretty much everywhere we went)
4) 2 great meals (rehearsal dinner/reception)
5) Lots of dancing
6) (I added this one) The challenge to meet as many people and fit seamlessly into a group of people where only a handful actually know me.

So boom. It was on like Donkey Kong. I had a freakin' blast and loved every minute of it.

This was a picture from the chapel in Winston-Salem where Martha and Sam were married. Congratulations, guys!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home