Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's a Southern thang...


I have been to very formal weddings. I have been to pretty laid back weddings. I have never been to a South Carolina wedding. Now for those of you who are not good with geography as it relates to style within the South, here is a quick lesson; Gingham and/or Seersucker clothing+bow-ties+ croakies = S.Carolina syle.

This wedding did not dissapoint in terms of anticipated style. Nathan Stratton and Ashley Berry (now Stratton) were married at 6:00 (ish) in the back yard of Ashley's parents' house. As I entered the fence gate, passing the requisite South Carolinian Palmettos (East Coast palm trees) I looked down the petaled aisles I could see the large gazebo looking across the pool that looked into the lake. It was a beautiful night to have a wedding. It was a great night of fun with friends and a great chance to send Nathan and Ashley off toward the horizon line of their future. Good times and good company on my trip down and back to boot. (also I got a new black ink cartridge for my printer b/c someone was throwing theirs away!)

This was a shot I took while sitting in the chair and lowering the camera and just snapping off a few shots. It's a neat perspective seen only by the ants and a guy who fell flat on his face walking down the aisle! (that didn't happen, though).

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Good pictures and perfect description of a South Carolina wedding!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home