Sunday, June 04, 2006

my best friend's wedding

DSC04762.JPG


Take 7 crazy guys and one man getting married, add stories from the past and jokes about the future, a night of dares, laughs and real brotherhood and you have this past Friday night.

Chris Jessen, friend to many and enemy to none, was set to be married. It had finally come. I couldn't believe it was really happening. I mean we had talked and joked about marriage pretty much since becoming friends in high school. People asked if it was weird for me that he was getting married. Well, pretty much everyone he has dated I thought he'd marry--that's a compliment--so it wasn't that wierd...until the reception.

I guess when you actually articulate something yourself rather than simply hearing others it hits you; it did with me. A simple question, "Chris, where's your wife?" I caught myself as the words escaped my mouth as if I said something I shouldn't have. For me that was the time when it became real.

There will be many more pictures and stories to follow so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home