Friday, March 09, 2007

...reality...

Los Angeles is not all palm trees and beauties. I just found out tonight that a girl I work with, her boyfriend and two others were attacked at a bar about a week ago.

Evidently there was a scuffle inside the bar and my friends went outside. My co-worker (female) was knocked out with a blow to the back of her head. Her boyfriend came up to fight the guy who knocked her out and was blind sided by a guy with a knife who stabbed him. Then two others were stabbed including my friend's boyfriend's best friend.

Another of my friends ran up to the best friend who had been stabbed deeply in the neck and held his neck while blood poured all over her. The guy died as ambulance crews were arriving.

This stuff is real. I forget about all sides of life. There is obviously deep hurt and I'm sure for many of you this is an "oh my gosh....what will I get for lunch today." And I understand that because it's kind of that way to me b/c 1) I wasn't there 2) I didn't know all those involved.

But it's just a reality check that:

Life really is out of our hands and is often not what we planned (including when and how we die).

So it's a charge to not take anything for granted. I charge us all to remember everyday we wake up that not everyone gets today. Not everybody makes it this far.

What are you doing with today?

Daniel Correa, 28

Daniel_clark_correa_dev_case_1Daniel Correa, 28, a white man, was stabbed in a fight in the parking lot of the Blarney Cove bar in the 22000 block of Roscoe Boulevard in Northridge at about 2 a.m. Saturday, March 3, and later died. Two other men were stabbed in the fight but survived. A woman, 43-year-old Diana Tisinger, has been arrested for stabbing one of the survivors, but police believe Correa's killer is still at large. Many people were present during the fight; few have cooperated. Police ask anyone willing to come forward to call them at (818) 832-0554. (Correa is at left. This case was not on the coroner's list. Information is from police.)




website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home