Saturday, March 18, 2006

Life's a beach...



There comes a time in everyone's life when he (in the societal plural sense) is faced with making the monumental decision regarding their affinity toward either the beach or the mountains. Even as a wee-little lass I remember loving the beach. It has always been more than just a vacation destination. It has been that, to be sure, but so much more. The beach has oft been a place to reset, a place to just be. From my younger days of all day snorkeling to more recently being content walking the beach by myself simply praying and thinking, I love the beach.
When you take the beach and add friends to the mix you can have a knock-out weekend. That was the case last weekend in Oak Island (the OI) in North Carolina. Nearly 30 Young Life leaders and staff road tripped to the Coast and had a fantastic weekend. There were deep conversations that will have ripples through the lives of me and my friends; there were also mindless games of dice-slap and stories of lost appendages (ask Meg Holden). The picture of volleyball, skim boarding, Frisbee, bocce ball and reading Lucky magazines is only a sliver of the veritable cornucopia of ways we spent our time.
I loved every second of it. Thanks, friends.
(****more beach photos can be seen by clicking on the flickr badge on the right***)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home