Monday, January 23, 2006

Windy Gap...you know



Well it was another weekend in the beautiful Appalachian mountains at Windy Gap. I have been to this place at least about 103 times over the past 7 years I've been involved with Young Life. This weekend we had kids from Providence Day--the private school in Charlotte where I do ministry. It was a great weekend. I realized over this weekend it will be tough to leave these kids who I really love. This freshmen class at PD has a very special place in my heart and I only feel closer and more connected with them.
My team, as well, has become the family I always want a Young Life team to evolve into. As well as 4 very busy people can hang out and be friends and family, we are. It is much fun for me to see leaders loving on kids and being in their lives. I love seeing kids "get it." We had a "new Christian" seminar and there were a few guys and girls from PD who went. It was a gift to see what we rarely do, a difference. It was humbling and a bit intimidating to realize we (PD leaders) get the chance to "feed" these "newborns" in their faith.

"For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God." Psalm 86:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home