Saturday, January 14, 2006

...in the palm of my hand


Well friends today was a good day. Despite the very blustery (Winnie the Pooh) conditions coupled with quite chilly weather making walking around the National Mall more difficult than ceasing a filibuster, today was really cool.

I never made the requisite trip to D.C. in 5th grade due to my absence on that educational juggernaut, the Safety Patrol. I have driven across the country packed in a van with the whole family and visited the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls and taken multiple trips to the beach costing 20 hours round trip. Oh yes I have even frequented that national institution, the Oak Ridge Museum of Science and Energy. They have that cool ball that you put your hands on and it sends you hair straight up. Despite traveling to nearly all 50 states I had never been to D.C. to go to the museums and National landmarks. Well, my friends in the previous story of my rickshaw night you may have noted my desire to do "new" things. So here I am in D.C. for two days of riding subways, getting lost, staring at maps, reading exhibit boards and walking for hours on end.

So who knows? After a few days here maybe the whole District of Columbia will be as the Capitol Building is...in the palm of my hand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home