Friday, September 19, 2008

...what are you doing in 8 hours?...




So this past Tuesday night I got a call at 11:00p.m.
Me: Hello?
Ryan: Hi. My name is Ryan and you don't know me
Me: (wondering what in the world this could be about) Um. O.k.
Ryan: So I got your name from a friend of a friend. Do you know Michael Hobert and Alex Beh?
Me: Yeah. I know them.
Ryan: Yeah. So here's the deal. I am a director and am shooting a short film and one of my actors just dropped out last minute and I wanted to see if you were free?
Me: Maybe. When is it?
Ryan: Well it's in 8 hours.
Me: What?
Ryan: Yeah call time is 7:30 tomm morning. We shoot all day Wednesday and all day Thursday.
Me: O.k. well that might be able to happen.

He sent me the script and we chatted. His script, Tour de Fright, won funding by Boost Mobile for a "Screamfest 2008" Horror film festival. Well he only really does comedy (Scrubs, etc.) so his film is more like a joke/satire/riff but still pretty good.

The premise is that there are 4 cyclists training for the Tour de France (hence the name) and they joke with the new guy (me) about an old tale of a frenchman cyclist who was killed during the Tour de France and haunts the woods.

(Spoiler alert) The guys break the news to me just as I'm starting to believe it that it's a joke. Then you find out that it's actually real b/c the Frenchman ends up killing us. It's not gory. Just funny.

So I'll post some pics from the shoot as they come in but this one here is amazing. The makeup lady and SFX (special effects) people were awesome.

This is probably going to be my new headshot. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home