Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hot guys who can cook


So I know that even auditioning for something like this is absurd BUT it involved food and most of you know how much I love to cook...also it paid...and most of you know how much I love to live. So I cooked a dish, went down to meet the casting director who "loved me" and sent my audition video to producers directly (skipping call backs). I was excited about that and thought surely something would come out of that. All I got was a casting director who loved me (and my grilled chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese and rosemary, with mashed sweet potatoes and steamed bok choy). She said she fought for me but no dice. Before I heard that, however, I had to create a follow-up video showing my kitchen (lame) and my personality (less lame). I sent in the video and that was when I found out I wasn't picked.

O.k. No worries.

Two nights ago I get a phone call from two great friends in Charlotte inquiring as to my knowledge of a show called "Hot Guys Who Can Cook" (on the Style network) and they said I was on the beginning. What??

Yeah I TiVoed it and I'm in the beginning alright, with a big X over my face b/c I didn't make it. I'm virtually William Hung without the CD deal with Sony! SUCK!

Oh well. It's my T.V. debut...so that's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home