Thursday, April 26, 2007

Or-e-gone

The past few weekends I've been traveling. Two weekends ago I went to Oakland to hang out with some family friends (same ones from the San Fran video on my trip) and had a fantastic time in their beautiful home and garden (see flickr images) with a gorgeous view across the San Francisco bridge:


The following weekend (this past one) I was in Antelope, OR. No, actually it's smaller than it sounds. My sister is working at a Young Life camp there and it was absolutely wonderful to be with her. If anyone has a sibling and you see them grow from a girl into a woman it's a miraculous process and one that brings me great joy to be on this end of that journey with my sister. We talked, hiked, ran and cooked and that was all on Monday because I left Tues evening bound again for LA. This place is in the middle of NOWHERE. I mean honestly we drove for about 45 minutes without seeing one car, light, house or anything. I have never seen so many stars and had simply forgot how loud my life is until I woke the next morning to nothing in the air but the call of an eagle and (I kid you not) a patch of tumbleweed rolling in front of me.

It was a great time and a beautiful place in it's own way. Wildhorse Canyon in all it's glory from the top of the mountain we hiked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home