Thursday, December 14, 2006

...from 308 to lookin' great...


I don't know if you had the chance to watch the festivities tonight or the unreal-reality show finale of The Biggest Loser. It was intense. I was in the crowd with about 400 other people at the CBS studios in Hollywood (I know it's an NBC show but sometimes they will rent competing studio space).

Apparently, based on e-mails, text messages and phone calls many of you tuned in to see my friend Brian Starkey on live (on the East Coast) T.V. go from 308lbs to an unreal number of 152! He lost 156lbs. As Carolyn Rae put it, "Brian, you've lost a Brian." His percentage weight loss was at 51.64% with two more people in line. The final guy was the one we were worried about. Jaron had been a late add to the ranch and had shaken up things before. After he had originally made his entrance I was a bit concerned because he was very skinny looking.

His weigh-in happened and the final numbers had him coming up short by about 3 lbs. Brian won the largest weight loss! He won the $100,000 prize. I was screaming my head off from the back row flanked by friends and family of the Starkeys and it was just insane.

Brian would ride his bike for 2-3 hours multiple times per week while wearing a rubber suit, and a sweat suit. He'd be in the sauna sweating out water weight. He worked out cardio about 3 times per day for the last 2 months, changed his eating habits and his lifestyle. His dedication to this was far beyond what I ever imagined and is an inspiration to so many people.

I love this show. It changes lives and shows me that there is truly no excuse for being overweight if you really don't want to be. It's a new way to live....I dare say the way you were meant to live (sorry Switchfoot).

I'm fired up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, it sounds like you're having a blast out in LA! Thanks for keeping all your peeps updated. Hope all is well and best of luck as you do yo' thang out in LA!

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B! I totally saw you jumping up and down in the audience last night! Woo hoo!! Congrats to Brian!! -Meg H.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Tim F. said...

I saw you too, thanks to the magic of Tivo.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So fun seeing your Hollywood debut jumping up and down for your pal Brian on The Biggest Loser last night. Congrats to Brian and the fam on their big win!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home