Wednesday, March 04, 2009

...my first commercial...


Well it happened. Like a flash of lightning wound around another rod of lightning. I booked my first commercial.

Some of you were notified via facebook status so this is not all news to you but I wanted to just put it out there for those of you who missed it.

It's a cable commercial which means it runs on cable and not on NBC, CBS, etc. this pays less but it still pays. It's a union gig so I am now what they call a 'must join' which reminds me that I need to call SAG (screen actor's guild) today. Anyway, so now I have the prestigious honor to pay $2,300 to be in SAG then yearly dues of like $150 or something.

SO the commercial was super easy. I auditioned, then had a call-back (2nd audition) then they put me on avail (make sure I'm available that day) and then my agent called and said, "you booked it!"

It was supposed to shoot Thursday so I had wardrobe on Wednesday. They pretty much see what clothes I'd bring, then match it up with stuff they have. Then take pictures of it. Show the client (Molson) who was there at the time. They sign off on it after talking with their advertising people and then I get the thumbs up.

Then I get a call wed night saying that my 'call time' (time to be ready to go) is at 6.30 a.m. So I leave early and get to set by about 5:30 so I could grab breakfast.

I ate, hung out in my little cabin that was one of four in this trailer. Then I got bored after a few hours and went down to set to watch what was going on.



We were shooting outside of an old grocery store in South Pasadena. When it was my time, all I had to do was walk around a car and they threw a bundled up t-shirt at me (when they cut it together it will look like Mr. Geoff Molson shot it out of a t-shirt cannon) and it hit my car and I looked up.

CUT

That's it. I mean we did 3 takes of that and 3 of a close-up and that was my day.

I stayed till lunch at their request (and wanted to get a free lunch) and then was done.

ACTUALLY, I called my agent on the way home and she set up an audition for T-Mobile for that day which I ended up booking also!!! (the above post).

So good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home