Monday, March 31, 2008

...my time in New York...


I was recently contacted about coming on board in a very loose way with GearPatrol to be an "outreach coordinator." That job entails pretty much whatever I want it to but with the growing number of hits on GearPatrol it will no doubt increase in responsibility and fun.

This was evident as I was sent to New York recently via General Motors and given press passes and invites to a number of industry luncheons and press conferences where new vehicles were revealed and I learned quite a bit about some GM companies (Cadillac, GMC, Saturn, Saab, Pontiac, Chevrolet) and had some great interviews with VPs of design, CEO of GM Bob Lutz, PR staff and many more. It was a great trip on a professional level and I made great contacts, exchanged business cards and was treated very well by GM.

Personally, I was impressed by a number of vehicles in the domestic market from Ford and Pontiac. I never thought I'd like a Pontiac but they are really using the two door coupe (most noticed from Transformers as Bumble Bee) called the Solstice and a newly unveiled Solstice hard top convertible. So take a look at those.

I also had a number of other cars catch my eyes and you can read all about them from my GearPatrol post so check that out and check out the site. I think you might like it. If you just want to jump to photos from the show you can click HERE.

Also while in NY I had the chance to see many friends and that was a treat that would have happened given a plane ticket these days (Note: who says, 'these days'???).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home