Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 4


This day began again like the others with an early morning and arrival at a church with locked doors. So we moved our meeting location to a house where some of the group were living. We proceeded to engage in one of the best discussions I have been a part of regarding film and working in the entertainment industry as believers. There were many great lessons and thoughts that came out over that hour and a half period. One thing we talked about was that we need to be able to speak into people’s lives on a daily basis through films and our relationships. We talked about being honest with others and ourselves and DEEPLY getting to know others and letting them know us. All life has pain, that’s the nature of an existence divided from God’s love, and we have to acknowledge that. However, unlike many of the films we saw these past few days and some you see mainstream, there is hope. We must acknowledge our limps—as it were—but instead of leaving it in despair and anguish we bring a hope to it. We are called to “limp with hope.” There is something so beautiful to me about that. It’s not about ignoring pain or hurt but rather coming alongside someone and showing them our limp and then our hope. That was a great discussion.

After that…I went skiing. Oh my gosh. Today was gorgeous and I had the chance to ski with Tony, another guy from our group and a director and producer from Tony’s movie. I didn’t plan on skiing so I had to wear my jeans and a borrowed pair of Gap fleece gloves (not waterproof) but decided to go for it anyway. I had so much fun. There was a lot of powder and different this time was we did a lot of off-terrain and through the trees (or into them) versus the aggressive double-black diamonds of Tahoe. I was covered head to toe in powder after pretty much rolling down a hill and falling a number of times. My legs burned from the 4 hours of skiing but my sides hurt worse from laughing so hard at each of us falling and crashing. It was a blast.

Earlier in the day I had been invited to go to the Sundance awards ceremony. I jumped at the chance and was thrilled to be a part of that show. It was such an amazing experience to walk into the green room and be there with Sandra Oh, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy (the host of the night), Quentin Tarantino and a few others. Pretty cool. The night was a fun night with great food and some good awards. After the show was a great party. There was a huge dance floor and after a little bit of DJ warm up, I hit the floor and hit it hard. Yes, the rumors are true. I did battle dance a few guys, had some people take my picture and video and felt good about my contribution.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this one. Hopefully they played thriller.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home