Monday, March 31, 2008

...the Easter Chronicles...


Recently, I had the chance to do something I love...no, not scuba dive or dine with great actors or be cast in a great sit-com...I had the chance to surprise someone. This was not just anyone, however. I flew into Knoxville for Easter to surprise my mom. It was a great setup. I was in New York covering the 2008 New York Auto Show (see above post) for GearPatrol. I had already planned on going to Knoxville and the NY trip worked perfectly into my plans.

The setup was simple, the whole family knew about the surprise so they took mom to dinner at Calhoun's at Turkey Creek. My best friend picked me up from the airport Friday and we hung for a few hours in the afternoon. Then my sister picked me up and dropped me near the restaurant and called ahead to tell my mom that one of her friends randomly called and was going to be at dinner with them so they would get a table for 5 and not just 4. Then I received a text from my brother telling me the timing was good and alerting me to their location in the restaurant. I walked in and they were directly behind the entrance wall and I came in right after the server so I was blocked by her...well she was short so half of me was blocked by her. Anyway, I pulled up a chair and asked what everyone was getting for dinner. Gave a "sup mom?" head nod and started drinking my water.

My mom just looked at me for a minute then realized what was up. It was a great moment and I'm so thankful my family was able to hold the secret. I know some of you also knew of my planned trip so thanks for not leaking it.

I have pictures from Easter for your viewing pleasure as well. You have to click HERE to see them b/c the slideshow feature from Flickr isn't working currently. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home